As per Subsidiary Legislation 406.21, any two or more legal persons established in Malta who are closely bound to one another by financial, economical, and organisational links can be registered as a single taxable person, namely, a VAT group.
At least one of the applicants must be a taxable person who is licensed or recognised under one of the following Acts;
- The Banking Act
- The Financial Institutions Act
- The Gaming Act
- The Insurance Business Act
- The Insurance Distribution Act
- The Investment Services Act
- The Lotteries and Other Games Act
- The Retirement Pensions Act
- The Securitisation Act
Furthermore, at time of application all applicants must have submitted all their VAT and Income Tax Returns, and settled any amounts of tax, interest and administrative penalties due.